Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm still here

Things I want for the future on May 20, 2009 at 12:01 a.m.:

1) My Cakestand. A beautiful little business in a beautiful little town. I will bake good things all day and everybody who dwells or is visiting the beautiful little town can come and eat and remember why we are here.

2) A house. A little house with a big porch for summer sitting in the front and a big garden (insert romantic ideal) in the back.

3) Instruments. I want my house to collect many instruments to be used daily.

4) Books. I imagine a living room with book cases from ceiling to floor. Or, maybe, one of those bookcase walls where the opening to another room stores the books on shelves above. I don't know... I like those. I'm probably bad at explaining those.

5) A good man. I don't think I am comfortable with "blogging" into detail about this, but I will say that I am not expectant of one to arrive soon or even relatively soon, but I hope to share the previous wants with a good man.

6) Family. This want spans from my future family of my own, friends who are like family, and my parents and extended family. There is one thing I love about the midwest and that is the importance we tend to put on our roots. They are the reason I want to stay close.

I'll check back on this in 10-15 years.

1 comment:

Kimberlee said...

You are one of the most beautiful women I know, and I am so fortunate to call you friend.